Tan By the Sea: Soft Toy Origins (2)

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Soft Toy Origins (2)

This is the second part of the Soft Toy Origins blog series, for the first part, click [here].


6. Pooh! (We all know who pooh is!)
**Hahaa I think it's from my parents. HAHA (It'll be awkward if I read this whole post one day and realize all the details I got wrong, but oh wells, let's just say it's from my parents ok.) One side of it's shirt always falls down, which sometimes make me think I should make it a girl, because what kinda guy wears a shirt that falls off his shoulder (this is back when I did not understand the existence of gay dudes), but yea it always stuck as a he.

7. South Park! (Kenny to be specific, but I just called him South Park)
**He was definitely a birthday present from my uncle when I was super young! If you open his hood, he has two super round huge eyes! Which I always found super cute! 

8. Kuala (The koala bear)
**It's name is part of the city I grew up in (Kuala Lumpur) which kinda sounds like koala.. thus Kuala. (DUH?) Must have gotten it when I went to Sydney back when I was super young (like 3?) and that means I probably got it from my parents/grandpa. She's the first "girl" in my collection that I have talked about so far". For some odd reason most of my babes are boys.. I don't remember why, I guess it just ended up that way)

9. Minnie-cat (The cat behind Kuala with the Minniemouse hair tie)
**Originally my dad's gift from my mom, but like all little kids, I grabbed my hands on the fluffy cat without asking, and that is how it became mine! The minnie-mouse hair tie is from Euro-Disney when I was there and not knowing what to do with the hairtie, I actually tied MC's tail for the longest time, till one day I realize MC's tail was dying, so I finally attached it on one side of it's ear, just like Minnie.

10. Teddy Jr. and Sr. (Teddy! From Mr. Bean!)
**Got them both from my uncle!! Some sort of pre-migration gift from my lovely uncle!... Yea that's all I have to say about them.

11. Syet (The yellow piece of shit (literally)  behind puppy)
**Got them both from Zong-Ying and Jia Ying in Sunway one summer when I hung out with them!! It's a bean bag and named after ZY's husky (my first doggie love) Syet-De, and you know.. kinda sounds like shit.. so why not eh...

12.  Sunway (The big bear on the top right)
**Got them from Denise and Li Xin and guess what named after the mall they were bought it, Sunway Pyramid! She has become one of my favourites and is one of the few that made it all the way to Canada with me! She's one of the rare bigger soft toys I have out of my lot, which makes her super huggable! =)

Yes!! There is more!!! Stay tuned for part III! =)


Listening to "Walnut Tree" by Keane
Image by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment