Tan By the Sea: 29.05.12

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

29.05.12


CHIC: Canadian Hotel Investment Conference (2012)

CHIC Day #1
It's been a freaking long day, but first let me tell you about my 15 minute break. Why you ask? It's because I got to EAT! Hahahaa, we all know food is the best part. So food during this whole even is by Oliver and Bonacini! So what else to expect but good food right? True enough...

As me and Kiki, my partner in crime stepped into the reception hall, we were greeted by this platter of (ok, please note, I will not know the names of the food and I'm just describing them off memory, so I'm sorry if I got it wrong.. and I don't care)... it is like a really small potato, bite-size and they dug out the innards and filled it with.. I believe the person said prosciutto? That was good!!

Then we had chicken pot pie! It was in the smallest cutest cup ever, really good too but a bit too salty with the pastry... but I'm not complaining. Then we went to the salmon station, salmon on some roti of sorts with some crème fraiche and this sweet-ish sauce which I believe the chef described to be chilli. It was so nice and the "chilli" was such a refreshing addition to the dish!

Then we had samosas! Although hardly as authentic as your usual samosa, hunger takes the best of you and I really just ate it in two whole bites. Then we got a drink! I ask the bartender for his best non-alcoholic mix and he pulled out a carton of orange juice and cranberry juice, mixed it in a cup et voila! It's actually pretty good! I found out later that adding sprite also does wonders, so maybe I'll try that tomorrow!

Then we had some sort of pumpkin spice tart. Being a not-so-huge dessert fan like moi, I really appreciated the fact it was bite size! I mean, REALLY appreciate it! Because I wasn't stuffed with a lot of it, I am going to go with yes I like it! Then... OOOOOO this next dish is a beauty!!

On the very top is a fried quail egg, sitting on a nice thick slice of very nicely still-rare beef! Sitting on a bed of potato scallops! I don't know what they put on the quail egg and I know there's a bit of parsley on the beef. And for all you parsley haters, you will like this. This dish gets rid of that raw parsley taste that a lot of people hate. But yes, it was a beautiful, oh-so-sexay dish! I wanted to just eat the whole station of it!

Finally, we both got a mini burger! It was so juicy! OMG, the juice actually trickled down my suit sleeve, and luckily I caught it with a napkin just in time! Which is kinda sad, because I wish it had gotten into my mouth instead of some lousy tissue. But yea, that was our 15 minute break, filled with super fun and mini-sized adorable foods! 

This is life.
p.s. I wasn't intending on such a long post on just food... oopsie! LOL


Listening to "Trouble Sleeping by The Perishers

No comments :

Post a Comment