Tan By the Sea: 11.05.12

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Friday, May 11, 2012

11.05.12

Job Interviews.

I think I mentioned a while back that, interviews may just be my biggest weakness. And though the nerves I must still get through, I find that practise really does make perfect.

I think it all started that one fine evening, where for the first time in my life, I was talking to both a chairman and a vice president of a company about my resume. That is probably the first interview where I was very at ease and chatting away with the interviewers as though we are friends - simply exchanging words.

I realize there and then, that I am more interesting that I give myself credit for. In fact, if I were really being myself, I am a relatively confident, strong-minded and approachable person. I mean I am funny and I am nice.. right? I guess for the most part at least.

So from then on, I started using a different approach. I started looking forward to interviews for a start, starting telling myself if I can dance and use to sing in front of like 3000 people back in Lick Hung, I can definitely talk to an interviewer or two. 

I started to think about it as a blog post. Where I tell you who am I, as oppose to waiting for you to ask. In short, I was more proactive, I was more me. 

I have a long way to go, but in the mean time I think I have just landed myself a few new "fans" (lol, wtf I know.. but you get my point... for the lack of better words!! Jee, don't judge! =P) and hopefully the road will only get easier from now. 

Ciaosizzles.. I almost said miaosizzles to my interviewer today, which also tells you how "me" I was. 


Listening to "Something Pretty by Patrick Park 

No comments :

Post a Comment