Tan By the Sea: 07.10.12

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Sunday, October 07, 2012

07.10.12

Today's post is my celebration post for the amazing dinner that I was able to have with my amazing girls yesterday. Giving all my love and thanks to my girls: Joanna, Sarah, Vitak, Qiqi, Samantha, Nicole, Noel, Anita, Carrie, Amelia.

It was a typical Saturday for me, had to work, then went straight from work to Bayview Village with Ray accompanying me until it was dinner time with my girls. This year, we decided to have Thanksgiving dinner + what I thought was my fake birthday party at Oliver and Bonacini Cafe Grill. There I got the Turkey Dinner Special consisting of:

Roasted free-range turkey, sage bread pudding, Yukon gold mash potatoes, 
autumn vegetables, Ontario cranberry sauce and gravy
Sam, Joanna and Anita got the Rock Shrimp and Bay Scallop Linguine:

Tomato, basil pesto, white wine and extra virgin olive oil
Qiqi and Sarah on the other hand got Lamb Shepherd's Pie

Lamb ragu, sweet peas and Parmigiana-Reggiano mashed potatoes

The turkey was amazing, although the white meat part of the turkey (they had one cut of dark meat and one cut of white meat) was a bit too dry. The Linguine was actually AWESOME in my opinion, kinda wanted to order that instead of my turkey! Haha I guess I could eat that the next time I come back and finally I didn't like the Shepherd's Pie too much, the lamb scent was too strong and the meat wasn't tender enough for me. 

The best part of the dinner was saved for last though. We were all done our main course and I was trying to look for the server to get our dessert menu, but he never came by. Finally when he did, he came with a plate filled with assorted desserts that said Happy Birthday!

To be specific it was the Chef's Platter consisting of:

Chocolate marquise, tiramisu, carrot cake, and butter tart

I totally didn't expect it and like freak I started tearing up! The only reason I didn't cry is because I was in public! Not to mention they got me stuff from David's Tea:
AND A BIRTHDAY CARD, OMG YOU GIRLS KNOW ME SO WELL!
With BigBang at the back of the card!!
Haha I thought Carrie drew it.. but turns out she didn't... >_<.. but yea after dinner, me, Vitak, Qiqi, Nicole, Sarah went to Amelia's place for an "after-party" where we watched Brave! It's a really good movie, totally did not expect the story line not to mention the super cute bears! HAHA =)

That was my Saturday "summed up" with my amazing girls. I love you girls so much and thank you again for coming an hour earlier than our planned time just to make sure it's all smooth and for putting up with my rant about you know what at the beginning of dinner! Today (my Sunday), basically spent it with 3 different family friends. 1 family for lunch, 1 for tea, and 2 families for dinner! I must say Thanksgiving is definitely one of my favourite times of the year... turkey and all! =P Anyway, there are more pictures of facebook, good night and hope you've been enjoying Thanksgiving as much as I have so far!


Listening to "Try" by Pink
Images by Sarah, our server and I!

No comments :

Post a Comment