Tan By the Sea: 21.10.12

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

21.10.12

~ It took me a while to feel beautiful again, and I want it to last.

My parents texted me yesterday asking me what I want for my birthday. I don't recall asking anything from my parents for my birthday... I don't know, maybe I did when I was really young? Well this year is no different, it's not like I don't already have enough things I don't need. Except for shoes and clothes... you can never have too much of those... I'm happy as long as I'm fed and they know that.

Which is why I was happy yesterday cause I made a really good dinner! No pictures cause I didn't expect it to be so good! I just had minced pork fat + pork bits + garlic, fried it with a bit salt till it was super crispy... then I placed those on thin slices of pork which I just salted and peppered and freaking fried it. That was it and it came out so good I was so shocked! LOL that was probably one of my best home cooked meals this semester... or maybe I'm crazy? Hahaha don't know but I swear it tasted so amazing the flavours were dancing in my mouth long after I finished my meal!

And Mel made this ...
I don't know what's the name but it had cashews and chocolate chip and it's basically cookie dough that doesn't require baking and omg it's so rich and dense and good and oh so decadent! Hahaha I love living with my homies! =P

And woke up early today, to have an early little breakfast/birthday session with my housemates. Regan couldn't make it, Aleena slept in, Mel was too into studying, and Shannon was at work. So it was just me and Stacy. We went to the Cora in Guelph actually, cause I was trying to make her be adventurous when it comes to eggs a few weeks back. Not to mention I have coupons... for obvious reasons, so we went there!

It was good, it's a lot more chill in that Cora than the one I work in. Not sure if it's because Guelph is such a small town, or if it was just bigger and less pressure to do a quick turnover. In that sense, it actually felt like a breakfast place... I don't know, maybe it was cause I was just eating and wasn't working? Haha, but yea so chill. 

*** I just lost a friend... what's sad is that I'm actually a lot more sad about it than I thought I would be. And I feel so ridiculous cause I bet she doesn't give two fucks about this. I just wanted to go back to normal and I know it was hard cause of all the misunderstandings that happened, but that was just what I wanted. Bloody wishful thinking backfired... I don't know what I'll be celebrating tomorrow.


Listening to "Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keys
Image by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment