So today I hung out with no doubt some of my favourite girls in the world, to take on the Summerlicious restaurant promotion going on in Toronto. The restaurant we ended up choosing was Big Daddy's Bourbon Street Bistro and Oyster Bar (yea such a long name I know).
I woke up and go all ready and what not, after all this was suppose to be our "posh" outing and any excuse to dress up is fantastic (as Amelia would agree with me!). So this is a picture of my makeup for today!
Eyeshadow palette from Lancome!
So off I went to North York to meet up with my girls and funnily everyone was on time today including Nicole! (LOL, we will never forget how often you show up late!). So here's the full menu of the restaurant (copied from the Summerlicious event website)
Appetizer:
- Clam Chowder (Creamy, rich with clams and served with oyster crackers)
- Popcorn Shrimp (With smoked tomato & pepper dipping sauce)
- House or Caesar Salad (Your choice of mixed greens with Big Daddy’s Vinaigrette or a traditional Caesar salad with parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon)
Entrée:
- Bronzed Chicken Caesar (Fresh Romaine tossed in roasted garlic dressing with shredded Parmesan, croutons, bacon bits & skillet bronzed chicken)
- Jambalaya (A favourite Creole rice dish with chicken, chorizo sausage and shrimp)
- Smoked Turkey Sandwich (Slices of smoked turkey topped with lettuce and tomatoes, brushed with chipotle-spiced mayo on a toasted pretzel bun, served with fries)
Dessert:
- Ice Cream (Vanilla ice cream topped with strawberry sauce)
- Bourbon Street Bread Pudding (A New Orleans classic! Served with vanilla ice cream and whiskey sauce)
- Apple Crumble (Served warm with cinnamon sugar and vanilla ice cream)
I ordered the Popcorn Shrimp, which the sauce was AMAZING, almost had a hint of Sambal (a Malaysian/Indonesian chilli sauce). And Jambalaya for my entrée, which was nice but I preferred it to be more authentically spiced instead of being dumbed down. And for dessert, I ordered an Apple Crumble which was WAY too sweet for me and it was a bit of a disappointment because it was nothing compared to the apple crumble I had back when I was living in the UK.
Overall I'd say the food is 6.5-7/10, the service was a bit of a let down. I mean all the server really did was give us food and got us to pay, which fitted her job description but let's just say if it wasn't required for me to give 16% tips, she wouldn't get it.
Anyway, after that the 9 of us (me, Joanna, Vitak, Qiqi, Joannee, Nicole, Anita, Carrie & Amelia) walked all the way to Eaton Centre and shopped where I got myself a $3.80 necklace from Forever 21:
Hehe, but yea it was nice to have hung out with all my girls especially with people like Joannee who I can't believe I haven't seen for almost a year! I am planning to go to Summerlicious one more time with my family probably and am already planning for a potential day out with my girls for Winterlicious! So stay tuned! In the mean time, here are all the pics of the food:
Popcorn Shrimp
Clam Chowder
Caesar Salad
Jambalaya
Smoked Turkey Sandwich
Apple Crumble
Bourbon Street Bread Pudding
Listening to "Feeling" by Big Bang
Images by Joannee and I
I smile at your necklace purchase. I got a pair of earrings for only $1.99 at Smart Set in the Eaton Centre. I think you and I deserve to tie winnig first place as best shoppers! :)
ReplyDeleteHaha I think you definitely win but high five to us savvy shoppers! =P
ReplyDelete