I've got yogurt, cocktail, smoothies and strawberry sauce all over me by the time I was done, but bitch was I satisfied. Damn my boss should've put me in there way earlier!
So what have I done today? OH my. In case you didn't read my blog yesterday, I got to work with Juliana and Dimi today in the fruits section! All the smoothie making was my responsibility today, same went for the cocktail, but the cocktail was already done so really all I had to do was pour it in the cup and add a buncha fruits to make it pretty.
And I also got to make waffles. Damn those things are freaking hot. And like Juliana and Dimi just picks it up and serves it just like that. But for me.. I need to like move that waffle a few times (to loosen it from the waffle maker) and pick it up in top speed and just like DROP it on the damn plate cause hell those things burn.
I got to cut four types of fruits today! Bananas (into slices), cantaloupes (already pre-cut lol, just had to cut half of it off the skin for easier consumption), kiwis (haha damn I made the ugliest cut on a kiwi in the whole history of kiwi cutting, this I suppose was my most epic failure of the day) and.. FREAKING STRAWBERRIES.
Some of the strawberries I just cut in half (for deco) but most of them I had to cut into slices. And for the whole day I cut like boxes and boxes of strawberries into paper-thin slices... or at least some of them are paper-thin and others are barely-there-paper-thin.
It's really cool, watching my mentors work their way with fruits. Honestly, wow. But yea, I've got another day in fruits, so hopefully I'll get to cut more fruits! HAHA And by the end of this I'll be a pro fruit cutter and I'll serve like everyone fruits everytime. LOL... or not.
I don't know, I actually like working in the kitchen. It's so calm and peaceful. I mean yea we're busy, but it's actually really quiet. Like people don't really talk, they just do what they need to do and things just happen and bam, the food is out. It's like freaking magic.
But yea, that was my sexay first experience working in a commercial kitchen! Can't wait for round 2!
Listening to "Love Somebody" by Maroon 5
No comments :
Post a Comment