It's been an amazing the last couple of days for many reasons. One was that we're finally done 1st semester classes! (Actually this point is debatable if it's amazing because finals are just around the corner) My very last class was actually our intro to food lab class and this week was CAKES! Rachael and I actually requested that we work together, after all it is our last lab! So Alison granted our wish and made us do Butter Cake together!
For Rachael, baking is her thing, and I was a great sidekick, so we were flying when it came to making the cake. The sad thing was Rachael added baking soda instead of baking powder, so not only did our cake turn too brown
It also had, why yes, a bitter soapy flavour. Quite a few people came to try our cake and it was interesting to see that quite a fair amount of people cannot taste bitter, so to them the cake was fine. But I could and I did, and oh boy I regretted! Even though our cake didn't work out, everyone else's did, and this is my plate of cakes
That evening (Wed), we had our Secret Santa Christmas party! And by we I mean, Regan, Aleena, Stacy, Shannon, Rachel, Melanie, Willie and I! We had a tiny hiccup with the gifts but it all turned out fine! My secret santa was Stacy!! And she got me exactly what I asked for, meaning my baby polaroid is now dressed!!
p.s. it looks like this without the case:
AND she also got me a new HUGE mug to add to my existing amazing collection. Tthe one on the far right is the one Stacy got me for Secret Santa. Regan gave me the polka dot and green one for both of my birthdays!
OOooo and I started using my polaroid camera! I was freaking out at first cause it spat out a black film initally.. then it spat out another film that was blank, and I was ready to be sad. But I was like, no it's all set up right and bla bla bla and so we tried to take a picture again...
AND IT WORKED! (Rachel didn't want to be in the picture so she was our photographer) But yea, that was our PinkOak Ladies and friends Christmas Party. I've decided to call my housemates and I the PinkOak-ers. It's the name of our internet, so I'm gonna use that, just to avoid confusion.
The next evening (Thurs), us PinkOak-er's went to HTMSA's annual semester end party called HOB NOB and this years theme was Masquerade! Here's me after makeup
Here's me after having Mel curl my hair and putting my mask on!
Here's a polaroid shot of us (excluding Mel cause she couldn't come)
before heading out:
And us again, now at the venue, Apt 58
And here are the drinks we ordered unanimously
Whiskey Sours and Porn-Star
But yea it was a great evening! And we were really hungry by the time we got home so we ordered pizza delivery! Lucky they were still available! Speaking of food, here's a random picture of the fish I made the other day. Just pan fried fish with butter, lemon juice and garlic, pretty good stuff!
That's it for now! Gonna get my finals mode on! Ciao darlings!
Listening to "Try" by Pink
Images by Rachel, Melanie, Matthew and I
No comments :
Post a Comment