Ooo I've got so many fun things to blog about. On Thursday, I made roasted pumpkin seeds! Here are how they are after thorough cleaning and drying, coated with oil and salt!
Here they are again after about 25 minutes in the oven at 375F
And here was my dinner for Thursday evening.
Kinda tried to be funny with the plating, that did not work too well, fortunately it tasted really good! All I did was add some oil, some finely chopped parsley, some finely chopped and smashed garlic and soy sauce to the fish!
Had my first legal drink and went to the Ranch for a girls (?) night out with Stacy, Mel, Shannon, Willie, Aleena and her boyfriend Scott. Me and Mel rode the bull and it was just a little fun night =P Here's a pic of us girls before heading out
And here's my dinner from Friday... Felt like two different meals in one plate... oh wells, still good! It's regular pasta and the fish was topped with some parmesan cheese and fried! Super crunchy and good!
AND SATURDAY! Had my first legit Casino trip to Fallsview Casino. LeyShin, LeyYing and Du joined my family and I for a lunch buffet and shopping session! We parted after when Ying had to rush back to work, wish we could've spent more time together! Then my sister and I played the slots , where I won $5.50! Hahaha! Circled around Niagara for a bit, and we ate dinner in Hamilton, at a Portugese restaurant called Wild Orchid. Our orders
Carne Alentejana
"A traditional Portugese dish consisting of lean cubed pork, cubed potatoes, tossed
with baby clams. Topped with large cherry stone clams and lemon"
with baby clams. Topped with large cherry stone clams and lemon"
Arroz de Marisco
"This Portugese rice consists of Clams, Mussels, Black Tiger Shrimp, Lobster, Cab, Calamari and Scallops. All married together in a light Pimento and Tomato based sauce"
Bacalhau Assado
"Grilled cod served alongside boiled potatoes, and creamy chick peas.
Topped with an Olive oil and Onion sauce"
Topped with an Olive oil and Onion sauce"
The portions were HUGE and gosh they were amazingly good! Sorry the photos are pretty crap, I was too excited to started eating and I just took a buncha random shots and did not bother that they weren't good! If you're in Hamilton, you really need to try this restaurant! Anyway ending off this long post with pictures of flowers that Scott got for Aleena:
Listening to "Emotion" by Big Bang
Images by Scott and I
Amazing colour scheme by Carrie
No comments :
Post a Comment