Tan By the Sea: 15.11.12

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

15.11.12

Finished my 8th and final midterm this morning, felt REALLY good! =P Proceeded to spending the rest of my day doing pretty much nothing, but hey I deserve a break right? Ish? Maybe? Pretty please? Miao. I freaked out pretty bad for both today's accounting midterm and yesterday's food midterm. It did not help when me and Rachael were flipping our food miterm pages in sync, and handed our midterms in minutes apart, AND were sitting right next to each other! LOL We're just awesome like that. 

ANYWAYS today is just a beautiful post of the food I've been making... here's the Swiss Steak in tomato sauce recipe I did in food lab with my partner Natalia!
I pounded some of my midterm stress into that less tender piece of steak and it was really tender by the time it was done! Hahaha, yay me! And here's my plate of food in lab (missing the beef stew). It's cute tiny pieces of MEAT! HAHAHA
Then after my foods midterm, went home and made myself my infamous blueberry whiskey steak recipe. In fact this is the 4th time I'm blogging about it. Normal recipe, salt, pepper, margarine (or butter), lemon juice, blueberry & whiskey. With baked potatoes on the side.
Then tonight! This is actually my sister's original recipe, although I wasn't really listening to her when she told me her steps! HAHAHA Miaos. Basically finally chopped the stems of the mushrooms, shallots (or onions), and the minced beef and mixed it all together with seasoning (salt and pepper), and stuff it back into the mushroom cap! I baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes?
My sister would normally make the pasta with Alfredo sauce but I didn't have that. Basically fried up the remaining minced beef mixture that couldn't go into the mushrooms and then added tomato sauce, then added my baked stuffed mushrooms in to combine the flavours. Finally, mixed in some linguine with the sauce and serve!
Only thing was I wish I maybe fried the shallots on its own before adding them into the minced beef mixture cause they were a bit too raw for my liking after they were baked.... and it needed just a touch more salt. Miao, but that aside, it was pretty fun! Hahaha! Not to mention they are so cute!

Anyways, that's it for tonight, bye my sexay readers!


Listening to "Wide Awake" by Katy Perry
Images by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment