Tan By the Sea: 24.11.12

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Saturday, November 24, 2012

24.11.12

It was snowing very heavily yesterday evening! Almost got a heart attack when I saw the amount of snow outside! IT'S WHITE! This is how the world looked like from here this morning:
Not to mention, I helped my housemate Mel (with her dad and uncle) move her newly bought piano at like 12am while it was freezing cold and still snowing heavily! I must say the cold was worth it, spent quite a bit of time listening to Mel playing the piano! Just reminded me of how much I love listening to the piano... Esp listening to my mom play the piano. I guess she use to be a music teacher, but she's just so expressive with the piano. Miss my mom now =(

Anyways, food has been a part of my blog since I've been living alone now just cause I have to cook everyday. This here is my dinner for Thursday:
It's just broiled pork steak with mushroom bits sautéed with a tiny bit of soy sauce, with a side of margarine coated boiled potatoes and sautéed mushroom slices. Then for my dinner yesterday and I suppose tonight (I cooked enough for two yesterday night.... Vege fried rice!
Ingredients were bok choy, cauliflower and mushrooms. For the bok choy, I tore the leafy part into smaller bits and sliced the stems into about 5-7mm strips. Then I minced the bok choy "heart" and mushroom steams into tiny bits. Then basically quartered the mushroom caps.
Fried all those with rice and garlic and you've got dinner #1, dinner #2 and the small plate of extra fried rice to bribe the housemates! =P Glad you all liked it! By all I mean everyone except Stacy who went home for the weekend. Let's just pretend that Scott is here on behalf of Stacy.
So yea dinner #1 (what I had yesterday night) was all that 
+ tomyum paste (basically it's a chilli paste)
And dinner #2 (what I'll be having later tonight) was all that 
+ plain good old soy sauce!

I've been in a huge fried rice craving mode lately.... can't wait to get myself some kimchi so I can make kimchi fried rice!! Mmmm, never tried making that before! Should be fine, after all everything kimchi is always nice! That's it for today, have a warm weekend guys! =)


Listening to "Missing You" by G-Dragon
Images by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment