Tan By the Sea: 16.09.12

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

16.09.12

Heya lovelies!
How was your weekend? Mine was pretty bad in the sense that I didn't get to study... but I did a lot of really fun stuff and one of them was going to the Korean harvest festival in North York yesterday! Haha tons of good Korean food + amazing performances!! It was pretty cool! Me and my family actually stayed there for quite a bit! And here is one of the foods we got:
Forgot what it's called, but it's basically like fish cake/tofu ish stuff! And in case you're wondering, it's my sister holding the thing... and later in the evening was my food adventure session with Ray! Hahaha

We went to this really nice stretch, it's Main Street by Unionville and I honestly thought it was some Asian street mall/vendor kinda thing, but I was totally wrong! HAHA It's not my fault ok! But yea, all the stores more or less had some what I would call Old English or what Ray would describe as "retro" styled architecture, I think that's the word.

We actually bought dessert first at this place called Old Firehouse Confectionery, it's majorly colourful in the inside from all the pastries and shenanigans they had! They had a bear chocolate! HAHA That was definitely cute. I suppose I should've taken photos so that you know what I'm talking about, but let's just say yesterday evening wasn't exactly photo-taking mood focused.

We bought them but we actually went to eat dinner first in this pub.. Unionville something... we got Baked Raviolli and poutine for appetizers and they kinda screwed up Ray's order and I got coconut crusted tilapia. My sister totally gave me the look when I told her what I got. And come to think about it... I admit defeat, I didn't like it one bit. I was just trying to be freaking exotic but that totally backfired.. should've just went with plain fish and chips and be BORING, but I suppose you can't screw that up.

And yea, the food was kinda hit and miss, but I suppose we wanted a bit more of a quieter atmosphere with a more attentive service. Oh wells, now we know. Then we kinda walked back to the confectionery and sat at their outdoor tables to enjoy our dessert:
We got raspberry, peanut butter jelly, lemon thyme, strawberry balsamic, and pumpkin (spice?) macarons AND we got Belgium Choco Hazelnut, mango passion and I-forgot-what-the-heart-one-is truffle, here's a closer picure of the truffles:
I guess for the macarons I preferred the ones at Butter Avenue, not that I'm complaining! But yea, we got tea after just to kinda wash off all the sweetness, and that was when I realized that I was the only one who was cold >_< It's not my fault the temperature has been like kinda up and down. Anyhow sure, some of the food could've been better but that was a really nice little adventure, so it all worked out!

So I guess that was the highlight of my weekend, I know some of you want another photo, but no I didn't take one of such nature LOL! That's it for today, ciao babes!


Listening to "Give Your Heart a Break" by Demi Lovato 
Images by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment