I think I need a haircut.. ... My phone is being a bitch and I think I fixed it, or it fixed itself? I dont know but if anyone does text me and I don't reply for a really long time, do tell me in some other form of communication!
Anyways I had my very first food lab yesterday and I gotta say that was the highlight of my day, until I went to the bus stop to wait for a bus home, and saw the CUTEST little lab(rador) puppy in the world. And it was yawning and its mouth was so cute and I got to pet it! OMG I LOVE DOGS. Did you know that by petting dogs, you make them and yourself feel AMAZING. Long story short, I learned that from a 2 hour documentary I watched about dogs over the summer... along with other nerdy shit I did during the summer...
Back to the food lab! This week is salads, and I got to work with Brittany to make a Waldorf salad which consisted of apple cubes, celery cubes, raisins, coated with bojac dressing. It was a joke, cause it took us like 10 minutes to do cook and clean, so for the longest time we were just back in our seats watching other people cook.
We got to try all the food, but it's just salads, its freaking raw veges, you really can't screw up this weeks recipes. I did particularly like the one with corn though.. hahahaha BIAS =P and the homemade croutons were amazing! But technically the students didn't make the croutons... so that's not really counted now is it?
I didn't take a picture this week for the lab, but I asked my lab coordinator Alison, and she said it's perfectly fine for me to do that, so I'll be bringing my camera in next week and doing so. But speaking of photography, so me an Stacy had like a full out roast chicken dinner on tuesday! LOL
We made everything from scratch but the chicken, potatoes and the bread... =P And this is my lunch today:
I know it looks like a pretty damn fucking weird combination, but I've honestly got too much produce for one and I really wanted to get rid of the bok choy and the bread, and I was craving eggs.. so that was what happened. And I got home right after accounting, which is why I could cook.. and TACO NIGHT TODAY with all my homies.
OMG the peanut butter brownies that Shannon made were to die for... I could've eaten all of it!!
That's it for today! Ciao my lovely readers!
Listening to "Believe" by Justin Bieber
- Dedicating this song to my two lovely JB obsessed housemates!
- And to a certain someone, yes you can love JB and not be a bitch about it
Images by Aleena and I
No comments :
Post a Comment