I'm the type of person who strongly believes in rewarding oneself, that was no different when I landed myself a lovely co-op position at Frankie Tomatto's. Initially, I thought of rewarding myself by going on a trip to Nova Scotia with my sister. Then I thought about it some more and I decided what I would love even better than a trip to Nova Scotia (at least in the short run) is a better camera.
Granted my current Cannon is an AMAZING digital camera, but sometimes it just takes too long to make the perfect shot. And sometimes I don't have the time to make the perfect shot. So I decided to get myself a lower end DSLR within the $500 range. And it's set, I'm already looking around for my new perfect camera, feel free to give me suggestions and tips!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Yesterday was Father's Day. I took a day off from work and with my dad and sister went to do Little Italy in downtown Toronto to join in the Taste of Italy festival. After all, cultural festivals are one of my dad's favourite things to do in the summer! We ate a lot of things ranging from mini hazelnut ice creams to Japanese Spicy Yakitori (yes, ironic indeed).
The best part was finding a lovely Italian restaurant - Riva Supper Lounge. This restaurant usually only opens at night, but due to the festival decided to share it's good food all day. We ordered a grilled calamari and Seafood Penne
You just have to look at the food and know it is good! The penne is easily one of the best I have ever eaten. Cooked to perfection with a generous addition of succulent prawns and an amazing lobster sauce! Already I can't wait to go back for more!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A few days ago, xxx and I celebrated a little milestone in our relationship. We celebrated by having a fancy lunch together. We went to Fraticelli's Italian Grill & Lounge. Unintentionally another Italian restaurant. The entrance of the restaurant is spectacularly filled with beautiful lighting and luxurious white drapes. We ordered a raspberry almond soda, a crab and lemon spaghetti and a chicken garganelli!
I must say, I have never had such back to back amazing Italian food! Once again both the pastas were perfectly al dente, something a lot of regular restaurants can't seem to master! Ray also bought me a bouquet of flowers and we took our first polaroid photos together!
Thank you for such an amazing afternoon! =) ♥
Images by Me
No comments :
Post a Comment