Tan By the Sea: 11.06.13

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

11.06.13

My Trip to Malaysia Post #2 - Arriving Home
While my blog post about Malaysia may have started on the solemn side, my trip home was definitely a lovely one. We arrived at Kuala Lumpur, capital city of Malaysia on Friday night. The next morning, I met up with my besties Zong-Ying and Jie Sheng where we went out for Mamak (Mamak restaurants basically serve Tamil Muslim food). My tradition in a mamak restaurant is always the same - roti canai satu (satu means one), teh tarik (pulled tea) satu.
One sip of teh tarik and my heart automatically knew it was home. Teh Tarik is tea and a ton of condensed milk and poured from one container to another to mix it instead of using the conventional spoon. It's not exactly your calorie count friendly drink but hey we're in a tropical country, no one gives a shit about calories.

It was a short and small meet-up, for later that evening, my parents and I drove 5 hours to my mom's homestate - Penang. We were planning to leave around 4pm and have dinner on one of the rest stops on the highway (In Peninsula Malaysia, there is a North-South Expressway that connects multiple states and there are numerous resting areas and restaurants along the way called R&R). Us being us, we ended up eating Bak Kut Teh in Subang Jaya (the more specific city that I live in)!
Sorry for the blurry shots but this I think is hands down the best Bak Kut Teh I've ever eaten. It is called Ah Pin Bak Kut Teh 梳邦阿彬肉骨茶 and located in SS14! Bak Kut Teh is hokkien for pork bone tea (wtf I know), but basically it's pork bone, a buncha Chinese herbs and soy sauce!

We ended up leaving for Penang at 9pm and reached at 2am and got the keys to my aunts house from my uncle, reaching at her house at almost 3am. =_= My aunt's house is located in Batu Ferringhi, basically an area that is right beside the beach. And her house is right in front of a mountain / forest so upon arriving at her place, look what we found!
Over the next few days we've been greeted with a ton of exotic frogs, insects and my mom even saw a snake in the backyard!! Yea I would have died if I was the one who saw it! Sweet lord.

Anyways, my next post will be a way more AWESOME blog post about the FOOD in Penang, what the state is KNOWN for! Toodles! =) ♥


Images by Me

2 comments :

  1. Err DUDE it's about my second day it Malaysia, haven't seen you yet at that point!! Be patient! =P

    ReplyDelete