Now that I've been to Japan, I'm crossing it off my mental list. I look down my "list" and I see Morocco and Nova Scotia. Voila, here's day 5, the last day of my trip to Tokyo.
All I did today was wake up early to go to the airport to catch my flight to Malaysia =_=. Departure hall of Narita airport:
Here's my last Japanese meal in Tokyo airport: Shio Ramen and Charcoal Grill Pork on Rice (I just translated that from the Chinese words on the menu that I understood, so I may be wrong)
And it's true they have multiple types of Kit Kat! We tried the matcha one, this white chocolate one and this matcha sakura one!
With such a short trip in Tokyo, there were definitely things we missed. The one thing I REALLY wish I got to do / got my ass out of the bed early enough, was visit the Tsukiji Market! Tsukiji for those of you who don't know is probably the most popular/happening fish market in Tokyo. Famous for their controversial tuna auctions, they also sell every possible seafood you can find in Tokyo. It's also the place you can get some of the freshest sashimi in Tokyo (for obvious reasons)! THAT and go to a hot spring, where I may (or may not) bring an egg with me to make osen tamago! >_<
After dreaming of going to Japan for so many years, this trip definitely didn't disappoint! Everyone is so friendly, the food is surprisingly cheap, super easy to get around by public transit (once you figure out the huge transit map). For all those who are planning to go to Tokyo, I'll be more than happy to give more specific details on where I went (i.e. specific addresses, which station to get off)!
Anyhow hope you enjoyed reading about my trip to Tokyo, Japan! I'll be back in a few days to blog about MALAYSIA ♥♥♥! If you want to re-read/missed my blogs on this trip to Tokyo, click below!
p.s. Here's a concluding list of the things I did and the food I ate in Tokyo:
- Meiji Jingu at Harajuku
- Yoyogi Park at Harajuku
- Shopping at Shinjuku and Shibuya
- Hachiko Statue at Shibuya
- Asakusa
- Pokemon Center
- Tokyo Imperial Palace
- Shinjuku National Garden
- Shopping at Ginza
- Tokyo Metropolitan Building
- Soba, Don Katsu, Oyakadon
- Onigiri, Deep fried chicken, Some bun from Family Mart
- Freshly made udon
- Sushi from Genki Sushi
- Japanese traditional breakfast (Natto beans *twitch twitch*)
- Taiyaki, black sesame mochi
- Monjayaki and okonomiyaki at Tsukishima
- Harajuku Crepes
- Ramen from Jangara Ramen
- Deep fried Hokkaido mash potatoes from Isetan
- Takoyaki from Gindako
- Anpan from Kimuraya
- Meiji Jingu at Harajuku
- Yoyogi Park at Harajuku
- Shopping at Shinjuku and Shibuya
- Hachiko Statue at Shibuya
- Asakusa
- Pokemon Center
- Tokyo Imperial Palace
- Shinjuku National Garden
- Shopping at Ginza
- Tokyo Metropolitan Building
- Soba, Don Katsu, Oyakadon
- Onigiri, Deep fried chicken, Some bun from Family Mart
- Freshly made udon
- Sushi from Genki Sushi
- Japanese traditional breakfast (Natto beans *twitch twitch*)
- Taiyaki, black sesame mochi
- Monjayaki and okonomiyaki at Tsukishima
- Harajuku Crepes
- Ramen from Jangara Ramen
- Deep fried Hokkaido mash potatoes from Isetan
- Takoyaki from Gindako
- Anpan from Kimuraya
No comments :
Post a Comment