It's been 12 days since I finished my LAST exam and report of my undergraduate degree. Granted I could have put a lot more effort into a lot of things this semester but what can I say, it has been a great juggle of academic versus extra-curricular this semester and I think I did a pretty good job balancing that... perhaps I can say that now that my marks are also out. Ha.
To celebrate the end of my undergraduate career, Daryl, Samir, Nabila, Yu Hang, You Jia, Yung Xin, and I went to Buon Gustos in Guelph. Can't believe it is our first time there but boy it was pretty delicious! A few of us Malaysians (and Samir the "3rd wheel") then spent some time together after with just wine and some pretty heart to heart conversations! Thank you for literally being the first group of Malaysians that a. exists in Canada (talk about an endangered species) and b. for just all around providing me with a sense of home for me in Guelph. I still remember the first time I met all of you through Nabila back in second year and I was just in awe of the Malaysian spirit and hospitality that each one of you brought!
The day after Samir and I went to the University of Guelph Arboretum for what I like to say is my mandatory post exams arboretum walk! Aka shoot I haven't done any physical activity in weeks and this is a great chance. I have walked through what is called the Wild Goose Woods Trail, which I literally go through every visit. This time I actually saw a couple wild geese and a few ducks so I thought that was pretty exciting!
For dinner, I went to Delhi Bistro with Samir. I was introduced to this restaurant by my sister and her boyfriend and I thought I had to have it one more time before I leave Guelph, so of course I dragged Samir along. We had their crispy shrimp to start, which was great, but I definitely thought the savoury french toast I had the first time around was a lot more memorable. The roasted chicken we had for the main though, we're talking about roast chicken with a mustard cream, roasted potatoes, and a frisee salad with bacon, tomatoes and a mustard vinaigrette. I don't know how they do it but their salad is fantastic and everything in this dish just complements each other SO well.
Finally for dessert, we had some chocolate cake and bread pudding. The cake was not the greatest but for all y'all bread pudding lovers out there, this was pretty satisfying. I mean it is hard to mess up bread pudding but still, we good with this one.
If you think this blog post is over, well, no we aren't! Talk about overcompensating for the lack of posts recently! A few days ago, my high school ladies and I went to downtown Toronto for food and shopping. For lunch we went to Kingyo. Amelia, Noel, Sarah, and I ordered the Delux Bento, which consists of 8 dishes, a soup, and vegetables, that changes depending on the chef / seasonality. Samantha and Anita, decided to get a sashimi set and a ramen / chicken dish. Our 8 dishes in the bento consists of deep fried lotus root (seriously YUM), tofu and greens salad, karaage, spicy minced tuna, tamago with grated daikon radish and eel, Japanese style hamburger, pork belly with the most unique cheesy sauce and some brownish wasabi (sounds weird but I loved it!), and ebi mayo! They also had some garlic greens that came with the bento set that was just so simple but lovely!
Knowing me having a huge bento set was not enough for I also ordered the "Aburo Toro and Avocado 2 Tone Battera", which is a short named for the most awesome seared tuna on a beautiful bed of awesome sushi rice - hands down my favourite, EVEN against the 8 amazing dishes that I had! I can eat this for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied. We also had a beautiful vase of frozen grapes as part of our bill!
After our beautiful lunch, we went on a beautiful walk around Allan Gardens Conservatory! It's FREE and oh my the sight and the smell was just gorgeous. They had such a huge variety of plants and flowers and just the way they were all arranged was so tasteful! I would go there too often if I lived close enough!
The rest of the day consisted of a Loblaws walk, the one by College is pretty darn special, a drink at Coco Fresh Tea and Juice (where we saw a baby bird, which based on some quick research, might have been pushed out of its nest by fellow nestling mates, plunging to its imminent death - I get that siblings can sometimes be annoying but that's just brutal), window shopping at Yorkville, and hotpot buffet at some restaurant in Chinatown!
It was a 12 hour day. Fortunately, all the money I have spent last week, including money on some applications will be mostly paid off by my 3 days of work this week. Yes I am back at Frankie's for a a lil bit to help out here and there. But yea, that is it for this post, there will be a lot more posts in the next few weeks because hopefully I will be doing more interesting stuff now that I am done university! Till then, toodles!
Listening to "Formation" by Beyonce
Images by Me
No comments :
Post a Comment