There is a huge theme of endings in my life the last few weeks. Of course, with every end comes new beginnings but I really wanted to focus on the endings and give this chapter of my life a proper tribute. I should be studying right now but all these emotions are clouding my head, so do allow me this month. This is it, one more week of school, I have one final and one report left and then in about 2 months, I am hopefully on my way to starting a new chapter of my life.
Over the next few weeks I would probably do a university summary of all the beautiful people I have met and all the wonderful memories I have made over the last five years. That's over 1,800 days so you can imagine it will not be limited to just one post.
There are so many people I want to meet up with, restaurants I want to go, and memories I want to revisit. Somehow, life after finals seems a lot busier than it has been any other year. In fact, this year has felt really different. I only have two finals, but I have also done 3 reports during the final season which is not something that has happened any other semesters. Finals season had really just meant finals up until now.
It is so surreal to think that in less than one week, I will never live in Guelph ever again. And if somehow that is not true because life works in mysterious ways, it will not be the same experience that I have now. I have grown to love the space that I am in and enjoy the life of being alone. Granted I have housemates, but for the most parts they are external to the living habits that I have in the sense that we don't get in each other's way or piss the crap out of each other.
I am afraid I might sound like a broken tape recorder over the next few weeks (it's interesting to note that the tape recorder reference might not make sense to an entire generation). But I really am and will be excited, nervous, blessed, grateful, sentimental, and just all around emotional for the next little while as we wrap up this chapter! Stay tuned!
Listening to "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
No comments :
Post a Comment