Tan By the Sea: University Life with My Other Half ♥

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Sunday, March 08, 2015

University Life with My Other Half ♥

On the 6th of September 2011, I met my other half for the very first time. I didn't realize then how important this person would be to me, but there was no doubt that we clicked instantly. From then on we went to every single class together and in the semesters to come, we coordinated our schedules to be in the same class. This blog post is for Rachael Allen, my other half, or as JC calls us, the same person.

On the 19th of October 2012, my other half and I attended Think Pink, a breast cancer awareness event, hosted by the Hospitality and Tourism Management Student Association (now HFTMSA) at the University of Guelph. There, we had our very first photos of us taken, a polaroid photo taken by Lauren no less! Why we waited so long to take a photo of the two of us together is sure a mystery, but I'm glad we finally took that first step. Second year for us was quite the year, we'd take different versions of tests, midterms, and exams side by side but we would end at the same time and get the same marks.

Our time together was interrupted, for in third year I went back to Toronto for a good 16 months to work at my co-op placement. Despite all good intentions, communication plunged especially during the first few months as I struggled to maintain a work-life balance. Even then, my amazing other half invited me to attend her awards ceremony in Toronto and on the 26th of October 2013, we attended our very first formal event together and the evening before, we had our very first sleepover.

Sometime in second year, Rachael made me her awesome baked Macaroni and Cheese for the very first time. Just when I thought this person couldn't get anymore amazing, she comes in and proves me wrong. Literally tried asking Rachael if she remembered when it happened but it doesn't, clearly the Mac and Cheese was more special for me since it was my first time, not hers. >_<

On the 26th of February 2014, the day before her PJ's restaurant event, I saw Rachael stressed for the very first time. Like seriously stressed, not just the usual rant type stress. There I was, feeling a little ridiculous for not being able to help her relieve her stress, hoping that my presence would give her that little boost of energy to help her get through the day.

On the 6th of March 2015, we attended the Commerce Formal event, hosted by the Marketing Society at the University of Guelph. I guess you can say that was our very first formal dinner event together. It was once again another amazing evening that helped emphasize just how similar we were. 

It scares me to know that your time here at the University of Guelph is coming to an end as an undergraduate and just who knows where life will take you upon graduation. However, in this huge sea of uncertainty, I know that we'll forever have a special place in our hearts for each other and that is sure a comforting thought. Here's a toast (of Fantasy Island tea from David's Tea) to our friendship and to the many baking sessions you owe me that I'm sure we'll clear in the near future. Thank you for having me in your life.


Ending this post with some photos us at Commerce Formal!






Listening to "The Edge of Glory - A Very Gaga Thanksgiving Acoustic Version" by Lady Gaga
Images by Samir and I 

No comments :

Post a Comment