Trust me when I say I don't mean to turn this blog into a food blog. However, as a university student there's not much time to do fun activities and eating is sorta the most easily justified splurge. After all, I do HAVE to eat.
My Guelphies and I made a day tour to downtown Toronto to enjoy winterlicious at Jump Restaurant, an Oliver and Bonacini brand! Here's the view of the lounge from where I sat!
It was GREAT to see a familiar face working at Jump. Btw, sorry we forgot you worked there, but thank you for making sure we were well taken care of, and thank you to the rest of the team for a truly delightful dinner! And thank you for giving us some Prosecco to start the evening off! My friends and I also shared a bottle of Mission Hill Five Vineyards Cabernet Merlot! When you put a bunch of hospitality people together, things are bound to get a little fancy in the drinking department.
Winterlicious dinner at Jump was $35 and they had a huge menu but all of us ordered the same appetizer, The Jump Crab Cake, served with arugula, carrot and raisin salad, and dill pickle mayonnaise!
For our entree, we all ordered the Braised Pork Shoulder, served with warm new potatoes, cornichons, mustard seeds, and apple gastrique. Why yes, it was amazingly tender and totally satisfies all your meat flavour sensations!! (I don't know if that makes sense to you guys reading)
And for dessert, it was half and half, Tiff and I ordered Warm Sticky Date Pudding while Samir and Lauren ordered the Vanilla Yoghurt Panna Cotta (which I did not take a photo of, but imagine panna cotta, yea that's what it looks like).
The pudding was served alongside a lemon sour cream gelato, bourbon anglaise, and walnut praline. Anybody who has seen me eat knows I do enjoy dessert, but I'm not the type who usually goes out of my way to get dessert. If I had to choose between fried chicken and a cheesecake, it would be hands down fried chicken any day. But oh my gosh, this pudding screamed absolute joy. Imagine an angel in the form of a pudding. YES, it was that good!
Disclaimer: still would choose fried chicken over the pudding, that's just how I am.
Anyhow, that is it for today's blog post. It's just a short and sweet food post that I hope doesn't make you too hungry! But hey winterlicious is still going on, so you can always try it out for yourself! And no, I did not get paid to say that. Here's just a photo of some trees and all of us taking photos with it to end! =P
Listening to "Best Thing I Never Had" by Beyonce
Images by Me



No comments :
Post a Comment