Tan By the Sea: 27.04.15

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Monday, April 27, 2015

27.04.15

It's been a good week and a bit since my semester was done and I rediscovered the meaning of freedom! Genius me decided that I did not need to bother my parents for a ride from Guelph back to Toronto, so I carried several bags of belongings onto the Go bus, potentially looking like the craziest person the bus driver has seen in a while. BUT before that, I lugged my bags to Rachael's place where we made ricotta cheese crepe rolls and played a game of Carcasonne and Pandemic, both board games that I have never played previously but really enjoyed!

After all if Rachael likes it, what are the chances that I won't like it. She is my literal "other half" after all - partner in crime, long lost twin, my sister from another mother. What have you. Yes I am aware we both have real sisters, pft.

OH and by "we" made crepe rolls I mean Rachael made crepe rolls and I simply decided to become best friends with a baker back in first year. Life is indeed about who you know, not what you know. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I was also in charge of dishes and the photos, duh!
Our Mango, Strawberry, and Pomegranate smoothie!
Fantastic brunch consisting of crepes and smoothies! =)
My army of yellow Meeples winning against Rachael's! =P
Saved the world at our very last step - *phew* that was close!

I also managed to hang out with my high school ladies a few days later! We started our day with lunch at Olde Yorke Fish and Chips. We ordered fish and chips (duh), you get to choose from 4 different fishes (Hake, Cod, Haddock, Halibut)! Personally I got the halibut with chips, while Carrie got scallop with salad - which was surprisingly fun! Everyone else pretty much got the hake.

To finish, we all shared an order of Pineapple Rings, 
Deep Fried Mars Bar, and Homemade Apple Crisps
My personal favourite was the Mars Bar and the pineapple rings were rather controversial but I personally enjoyed it! In fact I thought the apple crisps were rather dull compared to most other restaurants. 

Then we essentially shopped around the area, creeped Carrie's new boyfriend (might be hard to explain over a blog - so I won't bother, trust me it's not that interesting), headed downtown for more shopping. Guess who bought a Navy Lightweight Wool Pencil Skirt from Banana Republic for $10! I was trying not to react when I heard that and of course Amelia just ruins it by expressing her surprise right next to me, we left the store promptly after just to make sure we secured the deal. =P 

After quite a bit more shopping, I met up with Joanna back in North York and we shared a nice conversation over dinner! Yes it was a really long day of just spending time with my high schoolmates, but it was time (and some money) well spent! 

That's pretty much it for my post for today! Summer plans are unravelling as we speak, so I will not talk about it until they are finalized - yes it will be bloody exciting if all goes well!! ***hint: Malaysia here I come*** Bye for now, my awesome readers!


Listening to "See You Again" by Wiz  Khalifa and Charlie Puth
Images by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment