Tan By the Sea: 25.02.12

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Monday, February 25, 2013

25.02.12

Aloha my super sexay readers!!
Why yes, I miss you too! I have had SO many things to blog about but so little time. So much so that even Joanna, who does not even read my blog often can actually keep up with my posts. *sigh* sad, I know.

Since my last blog post, I have enjoyed an entire Reading Week. It consisted of work, where on February 21st, I worked on a Thursday for the very first time! How odd!

I also got sick (again, wtf). And I bought myself my very first box of Valentine's Day chocolate (as in no one ever got me VDay chocolates before either) from Laura Secord. Since I bought after VDay, it was 75% OFF and ended up being only $10!!
Since I've been sick, I have actually refrained myself from ripping off the plastic wrappings to this box of chocolate.... *self-control*

I also had numerous driving feats during Reading Week. On February 17th, I drove on the highway for the very first time, highway 401! Woot woot! And on February 22nd, *drumrolls* I passed my city road test and I officially have my G2! The night after, I managed to convince my parents that I can drive the family home after dinner and so I guess you can say that's my very first real drive!

On Saturday (23rd) morning, I peered out the window at the front of my house to find:
How adorable of my neighbours to create heart-shaped tire tracks on the floor! So cute and exciting!! =) ♥

Also, went out with my favourite ladies in the world, Joanna, Qiqi, Sarah, Carrie and Amelia! We just ate at Ten Ren's (where I got ripped off, ish). We're planning to go to the macaron store I went (Butter Avenue) the next time we meet, can't wait!! =)

And the best thing I did during reading week WAS... prove my dad wrong! HA. So a couple weeks ago, I manage to drop one of my polaroid photos through the crack of this build in cabinet in my family room. And I had thought of the idea weeks ago too but I never had enough time to execute it whenever I'm home. So during week, I finally put the idea together and create a "straw-probe". My dad, who watched me construct this probe, did not believe that I could retrieve my photo with it. But with careful execution (and a laser pointer to help me navigate through the cracks), I finally "fished" out my photo!!
Once again, proving that perhaps the person with the most engineering knowledge in the house is not the civil engineer but the hospitality student! HA! My dad and I are competitive like that! =P

That's it for today's post! Hope you had an eventful Reading Week! Till next time!


Listening to "Home" by Phillip Phillips
Images by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment