Tan By the Sea: 03.02.13

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Sunday, February 03, 2013

03.02.13

Winterlicious 2013 II

Went to Winterlicious again a couple evenings ago! This time with my lovely ladies Sarah, Qiqi, Noel and Carrie! Met up with my girls at Eaton's where I was "fashionably" or should I say horribly late. We window shopped around for a tiny bit then head off to La Petite France, a tiny little restaurant located at Etobicoke!

With their large Winterlicious menu, deciding took quite a while for us! To start off, Carrie and I both ordered a glass of Baron Phillipe de Rothschild Mapu Merlot to be all FANCY, although in hindsight, it was probably $8 that should have stayed in my bank account. Not to say I didn't like the wine, I just didn't really feel the dishes went well and almost overpowered the wine. 
Anyhow, for appetizers Sarah ordered the Quiche Lorraine (egg and bacon quiche)
While the rest of us ordered the Crab Cake with Spicy Sauce for appetizers
I gotta say, the crab cake for me was really mediocre. To the point I'd almost say what the fuck is that. The "spicy sauce" was really just Tabasco sauce, the only thing nice on that plate were the mangos ... because they were mangos. Anyhow, moving on, for entrées, Sarah, Qiqi and Noel played safe and ordered the Boeuf Bourguignon with Mashed Potatoes & Vegetables Braised Beef in Red Wine
Shitty photos today, sorry but oh wells. And Carrie ordered the Pork Loin Stuffed 
with Apple & Mushrooms, with a side of roasted potatoes
And I got the Saumon à l’oseille, which is a Seared Salmon Fillet 
with Sorrel served with Rice & Ratatouille Sauce
Although the Ratatouille was on the verge of what the fuck as well, the salmon and the rice was actually pretty good. I also tried Carrie's pork and although it was really overcooked the flavours of the dish was quite decent! And I guess on to the dessert, which was what I found the most interesting part of the night. Noel got the Lemon Tarte
While Sarah and Carrie both got the Crème Caramel
And Qiqi and I both got Profiteroles!
Goodness the chocolate and the pastry and the ice cream, how could it go wrong. And luckily it didn't, which really made up for quite the lack of kick throughout the meal! 

It's definitely a really different experience from the place I went with Ray last week, but at least it was great company with some lovely friends, makes up for it! That's it for today, ciaos! =)


Listening to "Hall of Fame" by The Sript & Will.i.am
Images by Sarah and I

No comments :

Post a Comment