Tan By the Sea: 27.01.13

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

27.01.13

Aloha readers! Sorry to be missing in action for quite a bit! If you've been following me on Twitter OR have seen me in real life (obviously), you would have noticed my rather drastic HAIRCUT! In fact, it's about 4 inches shorter than it was, watcha think?
And the other day, Ray and I went on a FOOD ADVENTURE (LOLS)  to La Maquette for Winterlicious! (Yes it's the same thing I did in the summer but this is basically the winter version! Click here for my previous Summerlicious post!)

La Maquette was vosted Most Romantic restaurant for 2007, I'll leave that for Ray to affirm. The food however, I can tell you, was pretty darn good! For starters, we got the
Warm Pulled Duck Confit
served with "grilled vegetables, goat cheese and drizzled with red pepper coulis"
and the Lobster Bisque Soup. Then for our entrées, we got the
Two 4oz Lobster Tails
"with a white wine cream sauce and a hint of sambuca,
served with jasmine rice and mini vegetables"
Pan Seared Venison Medallions
"served with berry and cassis reduction, glazed Ontario parsnip 
and sweet potato yams". And finally for dessert, we ordered  
"A duet of chocolate petit fours filled with mango mouse and raspberry mouse"
and a Mini Chocolate truffle with florette with warm baileys crème Anglaise

Gosh the chocolate truffle was so decadent! I guess the restaurant did have a really nice atmosphere. It made the heavy snow outside seem really beautiful! Btw, here's an "artsy" shot of our hands (Ray left, me right)
and photos of ME
LOL Hope you enjoy the food and this makes up for my lack of posts! =P 
That's it for now, bye! =)


Listening to "6 Degrees of Separation" by The Script
Images by Ray and I

No comments :

Post a Comment