Tan By the Sea: 2018 Recap

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Saturday, January 12, 2019

2018 Recap

Happy 2019 everyone!!!

The older I get, the shittier I become at updating my blog, and the biggest irony of it all is I love reading back on my own posts and I get a bit sad when I can't read back on my own adventures if I haven't blogged about them. Granted I have been quite diligent in keeping journals for my trips in 2018, but with blogging I can attach photos to each section of my adventure and not have to stare at my ugly writing.

2018 has been a year of extreme highs and extreme lows. I broke up with my ex of 3.5 years, battled insecurities at work, debated where I should be in the world, missed an expensive flight for the dumbest reason. All this and then some made grit play a louder tune than ever in my life. 

I also traded savings for experiences, and what that means is really shitty percentage of savings for the first time in my working life of 10 years... but that translated into trips to Manchester, Cardiff, Toronto, Helsinki (Finland), Paris, Amsterdam Southampton, Brighton, Bristol, Oxford, Selsey, Milford, Beaulieu, Bratislava (Slovakia), 11 day Greece trip, Bucharest (Romania), Geneva, Bordeaux. I also got to share a bit of the UK with quiet a few friends, very special thank you to everyone who included me in your travel itinerary: Leanne, Samantha, Anita, Lilly, Tiffany, Vitak, Yung Xin, Anna Sabrina, Elwyn, ZY, , Zahirah, and my beautiful parents and aunt!

Who knows what 2019 might hold but already the year has started out spectacular with the New Year Eve countdown and fireworks by the London Eye! Yes I got emotional for that and I completely stand by my tears. I've also got some fancy events planned here and there including a lovely afternoon tea tomorrow at the Hilton Waldorf, a very late birthday surprise, a wedding in May (not mine obvs), and a trip to South Korea with my girls in July!

Not to repeat myself, but as I wrote in 2016's first blog post here, may our year be filled with... 
incredible life lessons, strengthening of relationships, travel, adventures, awesome food, and purpose.
I do not have any particular resolutions for the year, but just keeping my usual mindset. As I wrote in my personal journal bidding farewell to 2018, "today, I aim to be a better version of myself and there is no fear I shouldn't confront. Live well and experience everything.



Listening to To Be Human by Sia & Labrinth
Images by myself, Samantha, & Zong-Ying
My favourite 2018 photo is the one I took of my mom walking along Promenade des Bastions in Geneva, but family photos are private as always ❤

No comments :

Post a Comment