HAPPY NEW YEAR GANG!
I have a load of food photos from the Christmas break and from a little cooking get together that my Guelphies and I had! WOOT WOOT #HAFAFTW Shall put all the photos at the end since I know some people don't want to see them, but then again, it's FOOD! Teehee. I had a really interesting fall semester back to school, it's amazing that I got out of it with relatively decent marks *pats self in the back* and for THIS semester, I have quite a fun lineup of courses include WINE, Myths and Fairy Tales in Germany, and Service Operations! The other two are finance and leadership, which I shall call neutral courses.
My Christmas break was not the GREATEST, mainly because I never got around making a snow squirrel and also because I did end up working slightly more than I preferred. But I did manage to meet ALMOST everyone I wanted to see over the break and bought Cameron a new friend - the 50mm f1.8 prime lens, so all is well!! And now, PHOTO SPAM TIME ENSUES...
We go as far back as November 2014! Lauren, Tiffany, Samir and I made a meal together consisting of ONION RINGS (we struggled in the beginning, melted spatula as proof, but then we manage to master the art of onion ring making!); spinach cheese dip with bacon bits (because the attempt to make homemade ravioli failed); barbeque ribs; baked salmon with whiskey, soy sauce, brown sugar and bunch more fun stuff; skillet chocolate chip cookies with ice cream and homemade caramel sauce! PLUS some awesome possum alcoholic beverage that Samir made but I no longer remember what was in it because it was two months ago! Oh miaos. Anyhoo, I should've paid more attention and taken better food shots cause none of my photos are doing the food any justice but trust me when I said DAMN we made a really delicious meal together! But voila
THEN, over the break, Amelia, Sarah, Carrie and I visited Pure Spirits Oyster House and Grill by the Distillery District!! To start the meal in the right direction, we tried 3 oysters that were part of the chef's special platter - the PEI Cooks Cocktail oysters that goes with a simple cocktail sauce, the Kwakwala oysters with a spicy mango sauce, and Wellfleet oysters goes with a red wine vinaigrette. Really liked the 1st and the 3rd one! And no photos of the first one cause I was too excited and ate it before I took a photo!
For the main we ordered the Pure Spirits Pappardelle consisting of lobster, wild mushrooms and truffle oil AND some clam dish with chorizo and the most awesome, rather salty but perfect with bread, sauce! Mmm ain't no shame in drooling, you know I'll be the last one judging!
ALSO, my lovely ladies Amelia, Qiqi, Vitak, Samantha, and Anita came over to my place one day and we made pasta and salad together (salad was mainly to be healthy) and we played a buncha board games together including bananagrams and monopoly!
The quality of words we came out with for bananagrams were rather... interesting, here's an example of my winning combination of words
Yeaps, "boobies" and yes I'm in 4th year university and we agreed that common abbreviations and short forms count thus NA (Not Applicable) counted and I won... hehehe. again, no shame. Ending this post with a really nice looking salad from a christmas dinner at a family friends place!
Listening to "Baby I Miss You" by 2NE1
Images by Me
No comments :
Post a Comment