I went on a little stroll out of my regular conscience, did not enjoy it, so guess who's back. Don't know how I got there, but in the past few months, I've been comparing myself to other people, and it's one thing to look up to someone and draw traits from them that you like, but it's another to be unduly competitive and petty. I'm putting that attitude behind me and going back to the mentality where it's me against myself, and focus on being a better person than I was yesterday.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Met up with my lovely ladies last week and we all went to Han Ba Tang, a (relatively?) new Korean Fusion restaurant located at North York! After seeing a pretty neat blog review about the restaurant, I decided to drag my ladies along and see how we would enjoy it!
We ordered Soju Infused Shots, I'd steer clear of ginseng, strawberry (sadly), cucumber and go for pineapple. There wasn't enough soju in these shots to make it an edgy drink in my opinion, if anything it's like shots for beginners.
Spicy Pork and Kalbi Tacos
Cream Rice Cakes which literally taste like cream of mushroom with rice cakes
Kimchi Fries, you can't exactly go wrong with this!
Cutlet Combo: consists of pork cutlet, tilapia cutlets and shrimp cutlets
Spoon Pizza: both bacon and kimchi options!
Spicy Chicken with cheese fondue
Jjam Ppong (spicy seafood soup)
For me, Korean food has this way of creating really memorable and emotionally warm foods. There wasn't anything in Han Ba Tang that was bad, but there was there anything that really struck me as being awesome, authentic or memorable. There wasn't anything that had a particularly great depth of flavour or "wow" factor that I feel is essential to the embodiment of Korean food. In short, I thought Han Ba Tang has boring food.
The awesome part of the evening was getting to see 8 of my favourite people at once! It's been way too long since we had a gathering of this size!!
The awesome part of the evening was getting to see 8 of my favourite people at once! It's been way too long since we had a gathering of this size!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My friends and I went to the premium outlet mall like 15 minutes from Guelph and I bought myself a little owl bowl, as if I did not already have enough mugs that are the size of bowls. In my defense, it was so cute, it made my Tom Yum instant noodles taste a million times better. =)
I also bought a bottle of Stella just because it's in a vintage bottle, and I bought a bottle of whisky because it came with two lovely glasses, and I bought a bottle of red wine to replace the bottle of wine we are planning to consume during our little cooking session! HTM students, that's why. But yea, we'll be making home made ravioli (FROM SCRATCH) later on today and it's arguable that some alcohol is required to jump start anyone into pasta making mode!
On a more serious note, I should be eating rice and soy sauce for the next few days to make up for all the money I spent on things I really don't need. =/ Miaos.
Listening to "Happy" by 2NE1
Images by Me
No comments :
Post a Comment