Tan By the Sea: HAPPY NEW YEAR

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Monday, January 13, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2014 is 13 days old and I finally took the time to write a post. In my defense I spent New Year's Eve working a 12 hour shift instead of contemplating my year's achievements and making New Year Resolutions that most people forget about around the 4th day into the New Year. Subsequently, I realized all the paperwork (for school AND work) that I have been neglecting are all coming at me with this shit called due dates. BOOOO I know. And to be completely honest, I almost put off writing this post again when I just saw that the newest episode of Pokemon X and Y is out! *don't judge me* The past year has been crazy to say the least. 

ONE,
I finally got my G2. For someone that absolutely loves driving and cars, I have no clue why I put it off for that long.

TWO,
I went to JAPAN for the very first time and certainly not the last! Of course since I was halfway home, I also went to Malaysia for a good 3 weeks after not having back for almost 3 years!! WTF I know!

THREE, 
assuming a restaurant manager role before turning 20! YEA it wasn't my birthday yet so I was still 19! *once again don't judge me* In all honesty, it has been one of the most exhilarating experience in my life! 

FOUR, 
buying myself that "big kid" camera I now call Cameron. I'm still heavily struggling to figure out how to use it and I haven't been spending much time trying to learn it too. But I guess having it is the first step towards mastering it... right??

I must say I spent 2013 well. I went to so many lovely restaurants, I took so many beautiful photos, I've learnt so much towards the career I want to pursue and made a lot of wonderful friends in the mean time. Looking ahead into 2014?

This may sound ridiculous, but I'm rather nervous to go back to school. All the courses I have to choose and adapting back to a life where I go from eating buffet 5 days a week to cooking on my own! No longer having that bi-weekly paycheque that guarantees my life expenses. I'm sure I'll be fine, but the brain has ways of making people doubt things like that.

My summer trip! I've been planning in my head the things I would do during my vacation... It's technically about half a year away but I just know time is going to fly, so I want to be somewhat prepared! Not to mention, I should think about it now so that I reduce my spending!!

Meeting and training the future co-op student at Frankie's! I'm actually trying to think of projects this new student can work on and just ways I can help them while I work at Frankie's through the summer! I am having the experience of my life and I just want to help the next student feel that same way as best as I can.

I do not really have any "resolutions" that are simple, straight-cut so I won't bother posting them up. They are just things that you improve on forever anyway. But yea, that's my New Year's talk in a post! There will be a blog post coming up real soon about the SECOND "Christmas Party" with my girls and work and what not. So stay tuned and I promise it wont be another month before the next post is out!


Listening to "Missing You" by 2NE1

No comments :

Post a Comment