Tan By the Sea: 26.07.13

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Friday, July 26, 2013

26.07.13

My co-op? For one, it was hard getting used to the 40 hour weeks. I've never had a full time job before and being a student is very different from doing full time work.Also, standing for a good 7.50 hours a day continuously takes a lot of willpower! Complaints aside, co-op is working out to be PERFECT!

My kitchen rotation part of my co-op allows me to ask just about any question I need an answer to. All these people in the kitchen teach me so much, and at the very least I hope I teach them a bit too. The training manual I'm working on is one of the most intricate documents I have ever made (still making for that matter). I record everything I learn in a kitchen from food to buffet psychology... I can't tell you how much I love it! 

I have 2 more weeks rotating in the kitchen and then it's time for my front of house rotation! It's crazy how time flies!!! >_<

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

The other day Amelia, Carrie, Joanna and I headed downtown for a little shopping day. We went to this place called Momofuku Noodle Bar for lunch, it was AMAZING! We ordered from the Prix Fixe lunch menu which gave us a bun, a noodle and a milk cookie for $18! I got the shitake bun, Amelia got the pastrami bun and Carrie got the pork bun:
Amelia and I got the Momofuku Ramen and Carrie got the Smoked Chicken Ramen:
I put my entire egg on my spoon and ate it in one mouthful and gosh, whoever thought of eating eggs is a hell of a genius! Finally, we all got a little packaged milk cookie as our dessert, which we were all too full to eat, so we took it home with us!
Now at this point, I gotta tell you this is not authentic Japanese food. And in most ways it doesn't taste like Japanese food at all. But there is no denying that all the food we ordered was cooked properly and flavourly! Amelia, we're SO going back!

p.s. here's a dress from Ann Taylor that I tried on but couldn't "afford".
p.p.s. here's kiddie size ice-cream from McDonalds we got for free after 
ordering a kids meal so Joanna can get her minion toy


Listening to "Falling In Love" by 2NE1
Images by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment