Tan By the Sea: 16.07.13

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

16.07.13

My Trip to Malaysia Post #5: Homerun in Subang Jaya
After spending almost 2 weeks in Penang and Terengganu, I finally got to spend some quality time in the city I grew up in - Subang Jaya. A lot of my friends were super busy with school and what not, but they still amazingly took the time to catch up with me, so incredibly blessed to be able to maintain such friendships despite the distance! ♥ 

For one, I attended my first 6D reunion! I haven't seen most of these people since 2005 - 8 years! Just like that, we went from young playful kids to unique individuals passionately pursuing our goals!

I also met up quite a bit with my Subang Utama gang! Hahaa Sze Jin even baked brownies for all of us one day, and despite it turning out to be kinda off, it was still really good!! There was that day when Jin Wei, Zong-Ying and I talked about our tuition days. Apparently Zong-Ying and I are very very nice people compared to the mean little girls we used to be! 

Turns out not only we were not very nice, we also did an amazing job supporting each other in what we do. I suppose we did not go out of our way to make anyone's life difficult. We just weren't very nice to the people who were mean or the boys who may have an a little crush or two on us. Good thing we have since changed and are super adorably lovable people (teehee), high five girlfriend! =P

Jie Sheng and I also had our fair share of hang outs! We also finally got to cook together and cooked for Zong-Ying and her mom! We made a little pork chop steak with garlic mashed potatoes and soy sauce sauteed long beans!   
I was so excited to finally do something for ZY's mom because she's just the most caring auntie I know, driving me around and bringing me to eat a lot, but I can't believe I overcooked the pork. In my defense, I was rather distracted cause cooking in Malaysia can be so hot! I can't believe all the nannies I had cooked for my family and I almost every night without complaining! I suppose you can say they are the unspoken heroes on my childhood! My sincerest thank yous to all of them!

Despite such a short trip in Malaysia, it was definitely sweet and I miss all of you so much already. A very special thank you to my princess Zong-Ying, who never fails to keep me smiling, who I know will always support me. I have about another 100 more photos left, so I'll be uploading those on Facebook with captions! 

This is it, 10 posts later, we've got my Japan Malaysia 2013 Trip in blog form! Thank you so much for reading about my lovely trip halfway across the world, I'll be back to blogging about my everyday life in my next post! =) Here's a final photo of the beautiful Kuala Lumpur City Centre Twin Buildings!

To read about my entire Tokyo Malaysia 2013 trip, click below

No comments :

Post a Comment