Aloha! Few weeks ago I mentioned I won the Faculty Dinner bid with my friends, read about it here, and yesterday, it finally happened! So the 8 of us, Brody, Farrah, Hannah, Julie, Lauren, Meghan, Stephanie and I got to enjoy a 6 course meal that was cooked and served by the faculty of the School of Hospitality and Tourism at the University of Guelph!
Upon arrival, we were welcomed with a beautiful mushroom aroma that filled the entire first floor and my excitement level just went off the roof. It was further escalated when we were served a lovely blueberry martini with some super yummy and warm pre-appetizers (or amuse-bouche to be fancy)! I don't know what the appetizers were, but one had dates and the other one had goats cheese! Dinner officially started with a mushroom soup, paired with Balbi Soprani Brachetto D'Acqui (sparkling red wine)
I'm the type of person who gets satisfied with Campbell mushroom soups, so this for me was absolutely delicious! The sparkling wine too was super lovely to drink, definitely recommend it for those who don't love the harshness the wine but still want to be classy! =P Next up we had a salad with an orange dressing and cheese croutons paired with a Masi Bonacosta Valpolicella red wine!
I don't normally enjoy salad too much cause I much prefer cooked vegetables, but this was awesome! Especially loved the cheese being a gluten free substitute of croutons! Then for our entree, this is drumroll worthy, we had a lobster thermidor served over wild rice, paired with Malivoire Chardonnay.
I can still feel the beautiful lobster sauce in my mouth and I can just drink that lobster sauce if someone gave me a whole bowl of it. I'm going to emphasize the word BEAUTIFUL here, cause this dish was exactly that! I would not have minded another serving of those lobsters, instead, we were served a raspberry chocolate cake for our next course!
Chocolate + Me = ♥, especially the chocolate layer at the botttom! Finally we had a little cheese platter to end the evening! We also had this beautiful Reynac Pineau des Charentes (basically grape juice infused cognac) to go with it!
Thank you so much to the School of Hospitality faculty who gave me some of the best university experiences I have had to far, not to mention the mouth watering-ly delicious meal that I'm still drooling about as I write this post! Don't forget the beautiful company with my lovely HTM friends! Going to miss you all so much while I'm away from co-op!! Ending this off with a cute photo of all of us at the end of dinner!
Listening to "Mirror" by Justin Timberlake
Images by Lauren and I (the good shots are by Lauren, DUH)
No comments :
Post a Comment