HAPPY (belated?) EASTER Readers! My life has been packed with activities and you will see so when you read this post today cause it is just FILLED with FOOD. We are backtracking to Mar 23rd when Ray came over to Guelph! Food wise, we went to Spice 11 for lunch, and ordered this set menu for two which consisted of chicken tikka, vegetable pakora, onion bhajee, chicken madras, lamb or beef korma, chana masala, pulao rice, and naan bread.
The food tasted decent, but it wasn't authentic. The funny part was watching Ray eat the what-he-feels-is-really-spicy chicken madras. HAHAHA! Guess we're not eating spicy food anytime soon. For dinner, we went to Borealis. It was freaking Earth Hour so we had to eat in complete darkness.
I completely support Earth Hour, but eating in the dark is not my thing. Not to mention we actually wanted to eat at Manhattan's but they were completely full, so I was pretty frustrated. Anyhow, when we got back home we played Speed because we wanted to see who is better/faster and I won all 3 rounds! PFT And I also served my homemade lemonade whisky!
The yellow one is the original and the pink one is infused with frozen blueberries! I love it, it just looks so vibrant and it taste super refreshing! But yea, Ray was so sweet, he brought me his DS cause he knew I never played a legit game of Pokemon before, so he let me play pokemon on his DS! I told him to take it back though cause it would've been WAY too distracting otherwise! But I'll have it again when I come back from Malaysia!! =P
For the Communication's class presentation on Thursday (Mar 28), Rachael's topic was how to ice a cake and she brought the class this chocolate cupcake with Oreo cookie top
I was recording the timing of each presentation that class, so I wanted to wait till the end of the class to eat the cupcake so my hands wont get dirty. I took a small bite of it during recording and... I just did not stop until I finished the cupcake cause it was THAT good.
Then we're now onto Friday March 29th! My parents came to pick me up at Guelph and we stopped at Hamilton to visit my sister. We went to the Portugese restaurant Wild Orchid again (blogged about it before here). This time we ordered a sardine appetizer, Bacalbau Da Casa, and Arroz de Marisco!
I'm super sorry I always take horrible food photos in this restaurant, but the food tastes SUPER DUPER GOOD, so if you're in Hamilton, you have to go to this restaurant!
Moving on to Saturday, I went out with my girls Samantha, Noel, Joanna, Sarah, and Carrie and we went to Butter Avenue, the macaron place that I went last summer and did a super in depth blog post about (click here to read it). Here is what we got
first two in front are Cassis Berry (purple) and Pistachio Wild Cherry (green)
middle two are Cafe au Lait (brown) and Sea Salt Caramel (white)
last two at the back are Matcha Chestnut (brown + green) and Cafe au Lait (brown)
St. Honoré Cassis
Salmon coloured one is lychee raspberry, the pink middle one is White Chocolate Strawberry, front brown is Cafe au Lait and back brown is Dark Chocolate
PLUS another box to go with Chocolate Hazelnut, Pistachio Wild Cherry,
Dark Chocolate, Cafe au Lait, White Chocolate Strawberry and Matcha macaron
LOL they taste SOOOO good! Particularly LOVE Cafe au Lait and Pistachio Wild Cherry from the seasonal collection, but really they are ALL so amazing and aren't they just the most photogenic macarons ever! After we ate ALL those, we actually went to a Japanese restaurant to eat lunch where I got a Unagi Don
Then we shopped around downtown, dropped Carrie off at work and then I met up with my parents and we went to a family friend's place where they made homemade Laksa!
Tastes super good!! It's a spicy Malay noodle dish with fish, and all sorts of stuff! Makes me even more excited to go home and eat all the super yummy stuff! ANYWAYS, this is all for the super long food post! Have fun readers!
Listening to "Just A Fool" by Christina Aguilera & Blake Shelton
Images by Me
Listening to "Just A Fool" by Christina Aguilera & Blake Shelton
Images by Me
No comments :
Post a Comment