Tan By the Sea: 16.03.13

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

16.03.13

Greetings lovely readers!

Yesterday was one of the more interesting days I've had a while. For one, my HAC group (Hotel Association of Canada UoG Chapter) and I went to Toronto for a Hotel Site Tour! The first hotel we went to was the Ritz-Carlton, second being the NEW Four Seasons that had just opened last October, as well as the Four Seasons corporate office!

It was a really amazing experience to have an opportunity to see the in's and out's of these hotels! Not to mention a gentle reminder to self that I need to earn a lot of money in order to stay in some of these rooms!! Gosh all the plush furniture and decor! I just love hotels, it's no doubt employees are just so informative and passionate about what they do! In fact after our Four Seasons hotel tour, the GM personally actually came to send us off, talk about 5 star service! We may not have gotten to meet Isadore Sharp but Four Seasons corporate was so nice and gave us each a copy of Sharp's book!
So excited and can't wait to go on another hotel trip again whenever I can! We left for Toronto in the morning and got back to Guelph just in time late for Regan & Melanie's birthday party! Darn you peak hour traffic! As soon as I got back to Guelph, I headed straight to Symposium Cafe here in Guelph to join Regan, Melanie, Stacy, Rachel, Aleena, Scott, Willie and Lara! There I got the Blackened Ocean Basa
It looked good, unfortunately I did not like the taste or texture of the fish at all! The texture was tough like rubber, and the seasoning was just too salty. Thank goodness Regan's complimentary birthday slice of Bailey's cake made up for it! After, we all drove back to the Pink Oak household where I gave the birthday girls their gift! Really hope you guys enjoy your gifts and it will be of use to you!! Sorry I couldn't finish the birthday cards in time, but you will be getting them soon!

It was a great night of catching up! Even after everyone left, Stacy, Mel and I continued to chat for a good couple hours! Everytime I think of co-op, my heart sinks a bit just knowing I won't be able to hang out with all these beautiful individuals for the next year! Really hope we can do stuff together more often before I have to leave!

Thank you to everyone for making my Friday a lot more interesting that it otherwise would've been! Ending this post with my dinner the other night consisting of fried salted pork slices! SO GOOD! Bye! =)


Listening to "Feel This Moment" by Pitbull & Christina Aguilera
Images by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment