2019 has been such a weird year. One of my high school girls asked the group what made you most happy this year just a few days ago, and when I think back, 2019 has been so "quiet" in current day standards. Now a. thats not true and b. the answer for me is that I'm having my best time now.
My family has come over this December for a family holiday across Hungary, Croatia, and Italy. In fact, I am currently typing this from my hotel room in Trieste, preparing for our final leg of the trip.
So quickly back to point a, I think this year I had to learn what it means to be more in the present and that doesn't include going on a trip every other possible weekend. In this generation we prize always being busy or having something to do. Funnily this year, while I didn't actively seek to make myself more busy, I look back on the year and still find that I did so much, if not more meaningful things. In fact I'll put Cornwall and Barcelona in a separate post after this.. more for myself as always.
Funny how I write blogs to help myself remember the highlights of my life, but we all know the most special moments evokes joy for a lifetime. I think this Europe trip with my family has been just that.
No comments :
Post a Comment