Tan By the Sea: 06.11.16

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Sunday, November 06, 2016

06.11.16

Remember that time when I first started blogging, when not only did I blog about every gory detail of my life, but also put it in annoying "mini" paragraphs. Had a bit of a throwback moment reading some of my early blog posts and I can't even keep a straight face. Damn, I was a melodramatic teenager. Come to think about it, I don't know if this is due to growing up or working in hospitality operations, but nowadays I may be too nonchalant about things. We'll see, I will let you know how I feel in a few years if and when I bump into this post.

To be fair I used to have a lot of time, so when you write everyday the more negative things tend to stand out because that is what changes. Whereas nowadays, even if I get annoyed at things I don't really have the time to write it, so I tend to focus on the more positive things and spend time writing those whenever possible. The thing with blogging is that you relive a moment in time, so I'm reliving more positive moments than negative ones., which I'm sure contributes to this overall change in mindset.

The exciting news is that Samir is going to be in the UK tomorrow. I don't think I'm entirely processing it but there are sorta moments where it hits me and I get all excited. That bloody arse made me wait long enough. If he is not completely out of it when he arrives, we will meet up after I'm done work. To be fair he shouldn't be out of it, but to be really fair I took a nap I didn't need the day I arrived, which royally fucked up my sleep patterns for the first few days. This is what happens when the time zone master disobeys her own rules. #idiot But yea if I don't see him tomorrow, I assume I will see him Tuesday, so all is well!

Just a little recap on life. My beautiful friend, Leanne, came down from Leeds to London to visit me last weekend! We went to Burger and Lobster, and because I come from North America, the land (or sea, get it?) of lobsters, I absolutely don't recommend this place for the price and the quality of what you get, but it looks good on camera so voila:
We also went around the South Bank area and saw the Eye of London and the Big Ben, then proceeded to buy a bottle of prosecco and enjoyed that in our hotel room!
The next day we had lunch at San Carlo Chichetti! I thought they had a super fun concept, smaller portions so you can order multiple dishes, and I just loved the atmosphere of the whole place, food was good too!
Deep fried calamari
Spaghettini Vongole
Spaghettini with prawns and mussels
Pizza Calabrese
Lobster Risotto

This weekend, I went to Oxford Street with Amelia where we saw the Christmas lights get turned on! We literally waited 45 minutes for like 15 seconds of fun (that includes 10 seconds of counting down and 5 seconds of ooo the lights are on), then we went for dinner. But it was indeed beautiful so here are a couple "before" and "after" photos



Listening to "Million Reasons" by Lady Gaga
Images by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment