Tan By the Sea: 06.10.15

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

06.10.15

I am a month into school and I am feeling more overwhelmed by the potential of being overwhelmed than actually being overwhelmed. Why? Because I am just looking into my calendar consisting of events for the upcoming month, and damn, I am going to be busy.

I've been given a project which technically had no definitive due date, but that has led me to a world of research and knowledge seeking! Which had also led me to a potential independent study course for next semester! FUN FUN FUN

I have also taken up a lot of projects like HTCC and YHS, both of which are hospitality related case competitions! Why on earth have I not be involved with case competitions before I reached my final year of university? Only thing I can say to that is holy shit I am stupid. Regardless, you only live once, and I do not want to ever look back when I am older and regret not giving it a go. 

I have also been approached to do yet another research project. And my goodness, it is on a super interesting hotel concept that of course already exists in Europe. Only like everything amazing concept in the hotel industry has already been tried and tested in that region of the world. North America needs some serious catching up when it comes to innovation. But you guessed it, I have agreed to look into it and see if it is feasible! But boy am I excited and I really wish I can fit it into my schedule.

My GM at Frankie's is also on a vacation the weekend right before Thanksgiving, so guess who's going to be working 3 of the 4 days this long weekend. Yups that's me. Although I wouldn't consider that a challenge just because I am so used to running Frankie's and I actually look forward to work. Of course, it still takes up time in general.

Fret not, my month is not all work, I also have a Big Bang concert that Tiffany and I will be attending in ONE WEEKS TIME!!! Believe it or not, this will be my very FIRST concert, talk about good timing here. But hey, I ain't going to complain about a nice evening with five lovely voices! 

But just the most interesting thing that has happened so far is that I have been appointed the Director of Finance for my student association as well (HFTMSA). I remember running for this position in 2nd year and I didn't get it. Then in my 3rd academic year I was co-chair and this year I am a logistics coordinator. Unfortunately the current d.Finance stepped down, but I am so grateful that the pres and vp approached me about taking over the position. So I guess I am technically holding two executive positions, we will need to see how that unfolds! It's just funny how things come full circle and I am finally and oddly enough the Director of Finance.

But yea, that is my life right now. I just wanted to share and use this as a record for myself in future years, wher I either laugh at myself for putting too much on my plate or for even being worried in the first place! Till next time my lovely readers, ciao! =)


Listening to "Can't Sleep Love" by Pentatonix

No comments :

Post a Comment