I feel like I need to reconnect my emotions with the method that I'm so accustomed to - blogging. I have been sharing my thoughts and experiences on this blog since 2009. Blogging has become a habit and a method of thought organization and self-reflection for me. However, since since I started working, I have been blogging less and less, to the point where I feel my emotional stability is compromised because I'm not looking inwards with my actions.
It's like I've been giving myself more and more excuses to not blog. But the more I do that, the more my thoughts just piled up, eagerly waiting to burst into ... words... for the lack of better (yea) words. In fact, I've been really scatterbrained lately, misplacing my stuff a lot in the last few months, which is super rare for me. I have a reason to believe it's due to my lack of writing. Something happened to today and it made me thought to reconnect with that emotional side of me and stop making excuses.
I think there's a good chunk of my life now where I'm not dealing with reality. I take two hours to get to work (waking up, getting ready, taking the bus and what not) and I finish around dinner time, have dinner with my family most of the time, do the dishes, take a shower. At the end of all that it's maybe 9.30 - 10pm and I just "hang out" with Youtube basically. Of course I get my days off and I do more stuff on those days but I guess for the most part, I'm living in a bit of a bubble.
It's funny because I went out with my friends a few days ago and they are commenting about how I am the most well off among us (thanks to co-op), but I hardly go enjoy my god damn earnings (barely any shopping, outings with friends etc.) I mean it's good that I'm saving money, but I guess what's the point of having a job (that I undeniably love) but not use the money to explore, be it materialistically in the shopping mall or going to new Ripley's Aquarium or going to an art gallery or going on a food + photography adventure with my new best friend Cameron. Like WTF am I doing just coming home from work and wasting my life away.
I guess to end this off, I need to go out more, anybody wanna join me? LOL p.s. Cameron is my Canon T3i camera, it is NOT a person.
Listening to "Gotta Be You" by 2NE1
No comments :
Post a Comment