Tan By the Sea: 16.03.14

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

16.03.14

I'm a bit sad that I haven't been taking the initiative to write blog posts. It's something that I really love doing and it helps me with formulating my thoughts and reflecting on things that I have done, while sharing a little bit of fun stuff with all my readers. I want to say friends but there are a good amount of people who read this blog who I will probably never cross paths with.

Nonetheless, life has been really rewarding. I think I'm getting better at this work life balance thing when it comes to working co-op. Not that I'm being snobby, but there was a small window in my co-op career after I got "promoted" as a manager that things changed. People at work started treating me differently, not to say badly, but you know different. The new employees only saw me as a manager, as opposed to the co-op student you may want to be friends with. At that point, I was also struggling to keep up with my friends and so it was a pretty lonely period for me. I'm happy to say that I've learnt since to balance that. I want to issue an apology to all my friends who I ignored for a while.

On a less serious note, I've done course selection for Fall 2014!!! BACK TO SCHOOL IN LESS THAN 6 months! I remember going into co-op, I wanted to understand the "real life aspect" of the theories I have to learn in school. I can't freaking thank my boss and general manager enough for providing me with so much opportunity to do just that. These two people are probably a bit crazy to allow this 20 year old to run a restaurant but gosh I have learnt so much more than I thought I ever would in the past few months and I am actually SO excited to go back to school cause I now know what I am learning towards.

And Frankie's has hired TWO co-op students for the next school year!! I am so excited for them!! I can't wait to meet them and like tell them all about my co-op experience! Not to mention there are like a million project ideas I have for them that I didn't really get the time to go about! And it'll be really nice that they have each other throughout the experience!! 

Anyhow, that's my quick two cents in a post. I really have a lot of things to blog about.. again just haven't been taking the initiative to just BLOG. Have a backlog of a million photos and what not! But we shall save that for next time ;) Ciao!


Listening to "Crush" by 2NE1

No comments :

Post a Comment