The one week my manager offers me a Sunday off without me having to ask, I gave it up to work a 6 day week. What an idiot. Hopefully it's going to be SO busy at work that it completely makes up for it! *I'm crossing my fingers, you better cross yours too* AND Since today is my only day off, I'm gonna sit down and write a proper blog.
For starters today my sunshine and I have officially be together for a year! ♥ Gosh, as if I don't feel old enough already. Somehow our plans fell short and we're not seeing each other today, but I'm sure we'll plan something very soon. Like we can go eat fried chicken. Yea cause I've been having the biggest fried chicken cravings. BIG HUGE FRIED CHICKEN CRAVINGS. Crispy, succulent, salty chickens.. and loads of them.
I was reading a friend's blog about her travel plans for next summer (Lauren's Summer Plans) and it prompted me to think.. what are MY summer plans for 2014?! I'm heavily considering the offer to work at Frankie's for the summer. LOTS OF REASONS including
1. It's the easy way out (job search wise) - have to be practical
2. I'm always learning something new here and I doubt that wouldn't still hold true into the summer months
3. Would not hurt to focus on my management abilities for a few more months, instead of going somewhere else and having to focus on learning new things
4. POTENTIALLY be able to leave sometime during the summer months to go on a nice relaxing vacation! *cross fingers.. again cross yours too*
The difficult part is where would I go for a vacation? Going through my bucket list of travels, the first option is really obvious - East Coast Canada consisting of Halifax, PEI and New Brunswick. Cameron and I will be having the time of our lives taking beautiful shots of fresh seafood and amazing shots of the beautiful ocean, cliffs and whales. Life would be bliss while the salty ocean wind blows through my hair.
The second option is the United Kingdom! I lived in the UK for almost a year when I was really young and I haven't been back since (aside from flying through Heathrow airport). I now also have a lot of friends from Malaysia who are doing their studies there + family friends who I haven't seen in a while. Of course the food and culture there is also so amazing! Not to mention the price of the flight ticket to Halifax and to the UK is really not that different and sometimes cheaper! Although I would guess that if I do head back, it'll be with my entire family.
Morocco & Tunisia! Cause that is also on my bucket list of travels? The beautiful architecture, the place where you find mediterranean food that's cooked with the most beautiful of spices. A nice lamb stew cooked in an earthy tagine pot or a nice rich egg brik filled with beautiful tuna and harissa sauce. Gosh my mouth is watering as I type this.
The fact that it's December right now and today is a dark gloomy day here in Toronto does not help whatsoever with my urge to travel! Time to grab a snack to sooth my inner fat kid after all this food + travel talk. Bye my sexay readers! =)
Listening to "Say Something" by A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera
No comments :
Post a Comment