Tan By the Sea: 18.10.13

UNDER THE SEA

I am a food enthusiast with a passionate hunger for
hospitality. As a graduate of the hospitality program
at the University of Guelph, my goal is to one day run
my own hotel. Here in my blog are my life adventures in words,
hope you enjoy the read!

Friday, October 18, 2013

18.10.13

Packed in about 56 hours of work in the past week, I'm so grateful to finally be getting my day off today! October if you haven't guessed has been a very busy month at work for me. I've essentially finished my front of house rotation and gone into more of a management / head office role. I have been training a few new employees, making a load of phone calls (one day I was making one call after another for 4 hours non-stop), and trying my best to finish up my training manual that is unfortunately put aside too many times this month.

My social life is on an all time low. Though I must say in the past week I've managed to squeeze in two outings much thanks to the Thanksgiving weekend and Reading Week. The past Sunday, my ladies Anita, Nicole, Sarah, Amelia, Carrie, Joanna and I went for an after work dessert session at Pastel Creperie and Dessert House! We ordered the Dark Chocolate Mousse, Red Velvet Cake, Strawberry Chocolate Parfait, Chocolate Mascarpone Crepe, Nutella Crepe, Shortcake Waffle AND a hot chocolate drink! =)
PHEW That was a long list! After not seeing some of these people for months, that two hour or so get together was really lovely! We really need to set up that group chat thing up really soon because two hours every couple months really isn't cutting it!

Yesterday, Joanna, Carrie, Nicole, Samantha and I went to Konnichiwa on Baldwin St. to have my kinda sorta Birthday dinner. Carrie and I met up a bit earlier to go to Eaton's Centre where she got a new pair of boots and I bought myself polaroid film for the very first time. And as of yesterday, I've used 17 polaroid film in the past almost year of owning a polaroid camera. That number will change significantly when my other half Rachael comes to Toronto! We ordered a Soft Shell Crab with a Ponzu Dipping Sauce, a Udon Noodle Soup with Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura, a Tonkatsu Ramen with Beef, and a Sushi Bento Box!
My photos does not give this restaurant justice but the Japanese food here is really amazingly authentic. I took some polaroid shots here, but I wont be uploading them till I manage to scan them! I have so much more to blog... but this post is looking really long now with all these photos. I promise there will be a post in a few days (will write it after I post this one up to be sure!). Till then, ciao!


Listening to "R.O.D." by G-Dragon & CL
Images by Me

No comments :

Post a Comment